Catherine has almost 20 years of experience in the M&A industry, mostly in the Healthcare and Life Science Sector and mid-cap companies.
Cahterine started her career with Financiere Indosuez prior to joining the M&A department of Rhône Poulenc Rorer (now Sanofi-Aventis). From that point, Catherine pursued a career within tier-one European banks such as Calyon Global Investment Banking and Bryan, Garnier & Co.
Catherine lead more than 40 M&A and financing operations in the healthcare industry as well as in various other sectors. She graduated from HEC.
Catherine joined the board of senior advisors at Financiere Monceau to share her knowledge of the healthcare industry.
Here are a few transactions Catherine advised:
- 2012: Advisory to InGen Biosciences, for its €20m sale to Exonhit
- 2011: Advisory to Cellectis, worldwide pioneer in genome engineering, for the acquisition of the Swedish company, Cellartis, and for a concomitant € 50m private placement, incl. € 25m from the FSI
Advisory to Laboratoires Sebbin, developing high-quality breast implants, for a €8m private placement
- 2010: Advisory to Transgene, biotech company specialized in therapeutic vaccines and immunotherapy products, for a € 150m follow-on offering
Advisory to Integragen, developing innovative molecular diagnostic solutions, for its €7m IPO
- 2009: Advisory to the Fond Stratégique d’Investissement (FSI), the French sovereign fund, for a potential investment in a cardiology-focused company (not completed)
Advisory to Exonhit, developing innovative therapeutic and diagnostic solutions in the Alzheimer disease and in oncology, for a €15.6m follow-on offering
Advisory to Innate Pharma, immunology biopharma, for a €24.3m PIPE, incl. €11m from the FSI
Past experience :
- 2007 – 2012: BRYAN, GARNIER & Co, Paris, Director, Corporate Finance Healthcare & Life Science sector
- 2004 - 2007: CALYON, GLOBAL INVESTMENT BANKING Division, Paris, Director, Responsible for the Pharma & Healthcare sector since 2006
- 1998 - 2004: CLINVEST, Paris, Associate Director, member of the Consumer & Retail sector team. Specific emphasis on the Pharma & Healthcare sector.
- 1996 - 1997: RHÔNE POULENC RORER, Research & Development Division, Finance Department, Paris
Mergers & Acquisitions Department, Philadelphia, PA
- 1994 - 1995: FINANCIERE INDOSUEZ, Paris, Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions
Georges was General Manager at Groupe KIBE (1.5 billion euros of revenues) and a former board member of Groupe ADEO (14 billion euros of revenues). Graduated from ENSAIT, Georges has a great knowledge in the retail industry with more than 30 years of experience.
After managing the development of retail brands such as Pimkie, Georges joined the bord of senior advisor at Financiere Monceau to share his knowledge of the retail industry in an M&A context.
- 1975-2005: Groupe KIBE: Pimkie, Orsay, Xanaka, NoBoys
- 1990-2005: General Manager: Groupe KIBE
- 1980-1989: General Manager at Orsay
- 1975-1979: Product Manager at Pimkie
- 2000-2009: Borad member, Groupe ADEO (Leroy Merlin, Bricocenter, Bricoman, AKI, Zodio, KBane, DomPro, Weldom)
- Since 2005: Advisor to Damartex, Jacqueline RIU, Jennyfer, ZNJ on specific missions
- 1973: ENSAIT (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Industries Textiles)
Michel Gostoli is President of Eiffage Construction, a subsidiary of Eiffage, a leading figure in the European concessions and public works sector. Eiffage Construction marshals all Eiffage businesses relating to urban development, property development, construction, maintenance and facility management, providing customers with full-spectrum expertise and a multi-product offer based on innovative, environmentally-friendly solutions.
Michel started his career with GTM Rhone-Alpes in 1978 as a foreman. He then integrated SAE in 1985 as Regional Manager for the Rhone-Alpes region. In 1992, following the merger between Fougerolles and SAE, he joined the newly born Group Eiffage as Regional Manager for the Est of France. He pursued his career at Eiffage since then to become President of Eiffage Construction in October of 2008.
Michel joined Financiere Monceau's board of senior advisors to share his knowledge of the public works sector and facility management industry.
- Since 2008: President of Eiffage Construction.
- From April 2008 to October 2008: General Manager of Eiffage Construction, in charge of the Technical Direction, real estate coordination and of the Ile de France area.
- From 2005 to 2008: Regional Manager at Eiffage Construction for the Ile de France area and General Manager at Eiffage Real Estate for the Ile de France area.
- 1972-1976 Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts et Metiers.
Harley E. Ryan, Jr. (Chip) is the SunTrust (US Bank) Professor of Capital Markets and Associate Professor of Finance at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia, where he has been teaching since 2005.
Professor Ryan’s research interests span a wide array of topics in finance and capital markets including compensation and incentive systems, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, the role of financial intermediaries in corporate decision-making, capital investment decisions, and insurance. He has published papers in journals such as the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Business, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Review of Finance, Financial Management and the Journal of Corporate Finance among others.
Professor Ryan has been involved in over 50 presentations at national and regional conferences (such as the American Finance Association and the European Finance Association Meetings) where his research and analysis where presented to the public. He has also presented his research to the Office of Economic Analysis at the Securities and Exchange Commission and at the National Bureau of Economic Research. Professor Ryan has served as an expert witness in valuation and security arbitration cases, and has provided executive education to numerous professional groups including the Graduate School of Banking at LSU, the Turnaround Management Society Certification Review Course, the LSU Executive Program, and the Georgia State University Munich Re Program.
Professor Ryan has a Ph.D. in Finance and an MBA from Georgia State University, and a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia.
Professor Ryan joined Financiere Monceau's board of Senior advisors to share his views and research on mergers and acquisitions. He will also help the team on its crossborders transactions with the USA.
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
SunTrust Professor of Capital Markets, 2007 – present
Associate Professor, 2005 – present
Temporary Instructor, 1992 – 1994
Research Assistant, 1989-1992
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Associate Professor, 2004 – 2005
Assistant Professor, 1998 – 2004
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Assistant Professor, 1994 – 1998
- Sales engineer for the Westinghouse Electric Corporation (1983-1989)
Today, Lionel is Co-manager and Head of research at Bernheim, Dreyfus and Co., an asset management company, specialized in alternative investments.
Lionel started his career in 1998 with Lazard Frères, where he undertook numerous M&A advisory engagements for blue chip clients (LVMH, Saint-Gobain, Casino, France Telecom, Thomson, Air Liquide, Kingfisher) in a large scope of situations: privatizations, friendly and hostile takeover bids, LBOs, asset disposals and IPOs. He then joined the M&A Department of Calyon, where he worked on various advisory assignments in the TMT-Defence team and LCF Rothschild in 2005 where he led many M&A cross-border assignments in various industry sectors. He is also a teacher at the University of Paris Dauphine, one of the leading academic institutions in Europe, in the fields of corporate finance, asset allocation and alternative investments.
Lionel accepted to join Financiere Monceau's board of Senior advisors to share his strong knowledge and experience of the mergers and acqusitions industry with the team.
Here are a few of the transaction Lionel advised:
- Advisor to Casino in its alternative cash/share tender offer on Monoprix
- Advisor to Air France in its privatization
- Advisor to Publicis in the merger of Publicis SA et Publicis Communication
- Advisor to LVMH in the takeover on Belle Jardinière
- Advisor to Kingfisher in the buy-out of But
- Advisor to Saint-Gobain in the cash offer on Meyer International:
- Advisor to Havas in its equity offering
- Advisor to Vivendi Universal in the restructuring of UGC’s shareholding
- Advisor to Debitel France in its acquisition of Videlec
- Advisor to Socpresse in the exit of Carlyle from Figaro Holding
- Advisor to Castorama in its defence against the hostile takeover bid launched by Kingfisher
- Advisor to Floréane Medical Implants in the takeover bid launched by Tyco
- Advisor to Roularta Media Group in the buy-out of Groupe L'Express L’Expansion from Dassault Group